[All platforms] Time Trials S06 | Race 2

Kennie22

VCCM PS Founder
Jul 23, 2014
Denmark GMT+1
I hate this track, I cannot figure out what to do. I need a serious lucky punch to get close to to Bean's lap time. The 3rd checkpoint has to be in less than 6 seconds, and the second checkpoint after the gas station chikane-shit, has to be around 29.7 to beat Bean's time.

Edit: I just got my lucky shot, and then I proceeded to choke on the final 3 corners. RIP.

Edit2: I got another lucky shot and I took it. Less than 59.4!

Last edited:

Data1B4

Playstation Family
Jul 31, 2014
Sometimes the placebo effect of customizing your car works as well. On a not so much placebo effect, put off-road tires on your cars, it makes them handle bumps better.
I have experimented and that is true. For my style I felt they skidded just a hair too much where the high end held the grip. Hard to verify. Just felt that way.

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
I hate this track, I cannot figure out what to do. I need a serious lucky punch to get close to to Bean's lap time.
That uphill corner after the gas station is really tricky. And it had happened to me too... i manage too make a good pass on the gas station sector and i screw it up in the left corner after the long straight. I didn't thought this track was going to be so frustrating.

Fun fact: Before starting the season my plan was Wiwang Park with Sultans and this track on Muscles (do you imagine that uphill corner in a Dominator?) but there is a Sports cars restriction for this one.

I watched this. Lap 4 is best. Great lap. You sideswiped yield sign. That IMHO is all it takes to scrub .500 ish off a great run. Such a precision track this is.
You know that crash against the tyres at the beginning of lap 3?... Good thing i didn't had my mic open or that video would had a lot of cursing in spanish.
Crazy thing is... i didn't realized that was my best lap, i thought my best lap was in another race 1.00.357 but then i checked my screenshots and then the video. Let's see if i can improve that lap before the end.

Data1B4

Playstation Family
Jul 31, 2014
That uphill corner after the gas station is really tricky. And it had happened to me too... i manage too make a good pass on the gas station sector and i screw it up in the left corner after the long straight. I didn't thought this track was going to be so frustrating.

Fun fact: Before starting the season my plan was Wiwang Park with Sultans and this track on Muscles (do you imagine that uphill corner in a Dominator?) but there is a Sports cars restriction for this one.

You know that crash against the tyres at the beginning of lap 3?... Good thing i didn't had my mic open or that video would had a lot of cursing in spanish.
Crazy thing is... i didn't realized that was my best lap, i thought my best lap was in another race 1.00.357 but then i checked my screenshots and then the video. Let's see if i can improve that lap before the end.
Please turn on mic. Would love to learn new curse words.

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
  • Change tires ✔
  • Tweeking the suspension ✔
  • Turning off video capture ✔
  • Turning on my music ✔
  • Figuring out a new path for the corners of the final sector ✔
And after 2000 laps and 50 million crashes AGAINST THE FUCKING TYRES OF THE FIRST CORNER... the result is:

I'm proud of you! You were so close too!

THAT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME YOU ************** :rofl::rofl::rofl: Well done!
:giggle:

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
This was the first time I had to drive seriously and focus in Grand Theft Auto V, Time Trial is indeed demanding and I never expected to have such a hard time.

I expected to reach the TOP 3 in one go but I was so wrong. You guys are truly good drivers, specially the PlayStation 4 folk.

I've made thousands of laps myself and was up until 4AM yesterday (mostly cause R* servers were down during daytime) and I finally managed to catch you guys in a stroke of luck.

I never had high hopes for TOP 3 but was still fun all the way and if I get beaten I won't fight back. I cannot improve my time further (even with more luck).

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
THAT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME YOU ************** :rofl::rofl::rofl: Well done!
1 hour later i managed to beat tour time 0.59.85ish. I was jumping up and down declaring my victory... But turns out that @Kobi Blade already made an even better time... 0.58.8something. I'm depressed...

By the way... I made that time by improving how to face the gas station sector and by going through the sidewalks at the corners of the last sector (going through the lightpost and the bridge wall is veeeeeeery tricky)

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
1 hour later i managed to beat tour time 0.59.85ish. I was jumping up and down declaring my victory... But turns out that @Kobi Blade already made an even better time... 0.58.8something. I'm depressed...

By the way... I made that time by improving how to face the gas station sector and by going through the sidewalks at the corners of the last sector (going through the lightpost and the bridge wall is veeeeeeery tricky)
I did hit that light post in some runs while trying to speed up that sector.

Kennie22

VCCM PS Founder
Jul 23, 2014
Denmark GMT+1

There are many crazy spots in this race.