1. A NEW Overwatch Event is coming soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Big Notch, Jul 23, 2017.

1.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    [​IMG]

Since ViceCraft server fell on it's ass. I have been doing some thinking about how we can possibly turn this shit around. For those that are out of the loop of what's going on with this game, Mojang has officially split Minecraft into two versions. One being just "Minecraft" which is available for cross-play between almost every device imaginable. And there there is what is now called "Minecraft JAVA" which is what our last servers were. This issue with having our server on the Java version is that there was no cross-play for other platforms or devices. MC Players were strictly limited to playing our server on a PC. Which is a deal breaker for a lot of our console players.

With all of that being said. I think this community could benefit largely from having a Minecraft Community that is console based this time around. I had been asked about this several times when starting the old servers, but rejected the idea because of the limiting experience on console.

There have been major enhancements on the console front and now we could have another TRULY cross-platform game for members to join in on.

It would do well to revive our console portions of the community which is DEFINITELY on the verge of being completely dead and dominated by the PC group. It would also be a nice way for new members to join us.

Minecraft Realms is Dirt Cheap, $8 USD per month for a 10 player server.

There is little setup and configuration to be done. This will be a lot easier for me and interested mods to manage. There is literally no maintenance on the back-end for us. Good for me, so I can focus on some of the other things i'm building for the community.

With that being said, it's really up to the community this time as to how far this goes. In the past I've made the mistake of dedicating too much to shit nobody cared about. So if nobody is interested this time, I can easily drop this and move on with my life.

All advice, comments, and concerns are welcomed.

BatMatt likes this.
  2.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    Also, I think it's worth mentioning that if you (at any point) bought the PC/Java version of the game, you're eligible for a free copy of the Win10 version. Which is also playable on the Xbox One.

BatMatt likes this.
  3.  2nd Generation
    BatMatt

BatMatt I will name my first born after him- Numb3rOn3Gun Executive Destiny Halo

Vice Dollars:
     $753 ($0 Banked)
    Yep, I just redeemed my free copy of the Win10 version last month. I totally think Realms will bring a lot more players into the Minecraft server, especially from the PS4 side. I say this because I always played Minecraft on console. Never did get into the Java versions. Can't wait for the crossplay to launch later this year.

4.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    Yep!

Unfortunately it looks like Sony is refusing to incorporate cross-play with their PS4 version. Unless I'm completely they've had a recent change of heart.

5.  1st Generation
    knapptime247

knapptime247 Executive GTA

Vice Dollars:
     $92 ($679 Banked)
    I think that's a great idea. I don't know why Minecraft has seemed to struggle here despite it being so popular (I realize a lot of it was server-side problems)... but getting console players in on it will definitely help.

I have the Java Version... will definitely download it to Xbox if it's free. I'll have to look into that when I get home.

6.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    I have been looking into it a bit. From what I can tell, for now, the Xbox One and Win 10 versions are seperate now (or I cannot seem to figure out how to install it on xbox).

But I know for sure that the windows 10 version and the Xbox version are going to merge into one. At which point it will be free on Xbox.

7.  1st Generation
    knapptime247

Vice Dollars:
     $92 ($679 Banked)
    Yeah that's what I gathered too.

I was able to add the Windows 10 Edition to my Xbox account for free... just needed a code from the Mojang site and then redeemed it on my Xbox. It's listed in my games list but I think it's just not available to play until the fall, or whenever they bring the versions together. Or at least I assume I'll be able to just download it to console and play it then.

8.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    Ah I see. So this project will be better implemented around fall or so. Since that's when all the cross play will be implemented.

In the meantime we can cross our fingers and hope for Sony gets their mind right. Not likely.

9.  2nd Generation
    BatMatt

BatMatt I will name my first born after him- Numb3rOn3Gun Executive Destiny Halo

Vice Dollars:
     $753 ($0 Banked)
    Well you can play it on Windows 10 right now, I got that installed on my PC now.

10.  1st Generation
    knapptime247

Vice Dollars:
     $92 ($679 Banked)
    One day I will have a PC... one day.

11.  1st Generation
    knapptime247

Vice Dollars:
     $92 ($679 Banked)
    http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/minecraft-xbox-one-edition
    Says summer, so maybe sooner. But anyone with the Windows 10 Edition could start a Realm, console players would just have to wait to join until after the update.

12.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
  13.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    Also, forgot to mention this, but they are giving a free month of Realms to try out. So i'm not sure if I should just redeem the free month now or wait.

As of Now, it looks like Realms are seperated by platform. So I might just wait until the update so console and PC players could be in the same realm.

14.  2nd Generation
    BatMatt

Vice Dollars:
     $753 ($0 Banked)
    Just wait. No need to rush into it now.

15.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    This thread is now open to the public!

@Members @Associates

Please feel free to put your 2 cents in!

16.  1st Generation
    SYNTHINX

SYNTHINX Join us on PC for GTA Saturday! Executive GTA

Vice Dollars:
     $458 ($561 Banked)
    It will definitely be worthwhile, but I think we need to get all the answers first before we promote it again.

17.  2nd Generation
    BatMatt

Vice Dollars:
     $753 ($0 Banked)
    Shouldn't be too long. I would assue we get answers in September or October.

18.  2nd Generation
    BatMatt

Vice Dollars:
     $753 ($0 Banked)
  19.  1st Generation
    Big Notch

Big Notch Owner

Vice Dollars:
     $4,521 ($270 Banked)
    SonLooks like they are still trying to negotiate with Sony. Hopefully they come around.

BatMatt likes this.
  20.  2nd Generation
    Sevyndaze

Sevyndaze PC Family Member

Vice Dollars:
     $431 ($350 Banked)
    I'd be interested in Minecraft. I have the Win10 version already. I like the game but haven't ever played online, just usually fuck around in survival mode. I'd definitely be down to play with some crew members though.

Hopefully Sony pulls their head out of their ass and gets on the cross-platform train. I think multiplayer gaming in general is going that way, especially as Xbox/Win10 get closer and closer to essentially being the same platform.

BatMatt likes this.