One rig to rule them all...

Would you be interested in a benchmark competition? If so, CPU as well or not?

• Yes, but I don't really care about benchmarking my CPU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Fuck that noise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sevyndaze

PC Family
May 4, 2015
New Hampshire
Ok, excuse the lame LOTR pun, but I thought it might be fun to have a friendly "competition" to see who can pull the best benchmark numbers out of their rig. If people are interested, I'd make a separate thread for submissions and set some standards so we're all using the same benchmarking software and the same settings within that software. Here's what I'm thinking:

3D Mark Firestrike (original, not Extreme or Ultra): Top choice. Available through Steam, and free if you don't already have the paid version.
3D Mark Timespy: Second Choice. Also on steam, free, requires DX12. Second choice due to higher requirements for a good score. Plus, Firestrike gives bigger numbers, and that's always more fun.
Uniengine Superposition: Alternative. Free, but not available on steam. Sort of walks the line between being a benchmark and a stress test.

Obviously this is mostly to test the GPU, but people were interested, we could also do CPU benchmarks. The only program I'm really aware of for that is Cinebench so feel free to chime in with suggestions.

There could be awards or even prizes if it gets to that point. And yes, of course the people with the most expensive rigs are probably going to get the highest numbers. We could always break it down into categories based on GPU model if need be, but again, it's really just for fun. So, what do you think?