PS4 question

Jan 26, 2017
Chester County, PA
I'v gotten an idea for a little music video type project i'd like to do using GTA 5/Online, and I'm not really sure as to how the "record video" function works. I tried using it, and it seems to have recorded the 15 minutes prior to when I wanted to start filming. Can someone explain if I did something wrong?

GeekinGlasses

Playstation Family
Premium
Jan 16, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'v gotten an idea for a little music video type project i'd like to do using GTA 5/Online, and I'm not really sure as to how the "record video" function works. I tried using it, and it seems to have recorded the 15 minutes prior to when I wanted to start filming. Can someone explain if I did something wrong?
If you want to record in game the share button does work but I would do it via the Rockstar Video Editor https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/11269

Numb3rOn3Gun

Batmatt wants to have my babies
Staff
Premium
Jul 22, 2014
Michigan
The share function records video prior to when you press the share button. You didn't do anything wrong. It's kind of a pain, but one useful tip is that if you just previously used the share function, using it again will only save the time between the 2 uses. So if you only had a take that lasted 1 minute after you had just previously saved something, that second saved video will only be 1 minute long instead of 15 minutes. It makes it easier to edit when all the clips aren't 15 minutes long.

Numb3rOn3Gun

Batmatt wants to have my babies
Staff
Premium
Jul 22, 2014
Michigan
The "xbox record that" (and whatever you say to Cortana to make it record stuff) feature also pre-records in case you have also have an xbox. Just much smaller clips.

Steve Phatvibe

Playstation Family
Not exactly sure either, where the editor data is being stored technically. Tho u need online connection when u wanna work on editor projects. Guess Duncan's right about the data getting saved in some R* cloud.

Anyway. . . . if you either want to use your editor clips in a project or if you just wanna manage your clips, you wanna open the editor menu. U can get there when u pause the game [in storymode] and hit left on the d-pad or 'L1' while in pause menu.
Once u've found how to enter the editor it's all kinda self-explanatory. . . yet often based on trial and error.
I like working in editor, it's really a great tool. . . . but it costs a lot of time. . . . with sometimes just being a pain in the ass, especially with the first projects, when simply I was lackin knowledge.

Last edited: