RPG/Adventure Tabletop RPG - New Campaign

Bad.News.Beaver

PC Family
May 27, 2015
I'm looking to run an RPG game either weekly or bi-weekly, and I'm looking for players to participate. The exact nature and setting of the game are up in the air for the moment, but I have several viable options for the group to select from. Assuming there is interest and we can work out a time, I'd like to run Session 0 sometime in the next week, and we can decide, as a group, what we want to play and when we want to play it.

For games, I'm considering the following:
  • D&D 5th Edition – if we do 5e, I'm looking to play a non-traditional version of it. I have several ideas for settings and changes, but it won't be the typical pseudo-medieval dungeon crawl.
  • Dresden Files RPG (FATE Core) – a game near and dear to me, I'd be happy to run another campaign in this setting. For those who haven't heard of it, the Dresden Files is a setting that revolves around modern city life where supernatural things exist and happen in the shadows. Worth noting that FATE is not a traditional RPG game system, and it is very narrative focused and light on mechanics.
  • Eclipse Phase – a sci-fi setting set in a world where humanity has transcended their physical limitations and fled to the stars in the wake of near-total annihilation. If you've seen Altered Carbon on Netflix, you have a good idea of what this game is. Body and mind are separate, and you can change bodies like you'd change clothes, but technological nightmares lurk in the shadows. This game will likely be more of a thriller/horror style game with less focus on direct combat, but combat will still play a significant part.
If you are new to D&D and tabletop RPGs in general, you are still more than welcome to join. I'm more than happy to assist you with whatever you need to be able to play, both at the table and away from it, and I will happily explain anything you need explained in detail, including offering additional resources to check out.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating, your preferred day and time to play, and any potential scheduling issues. It's likely that I won't be able to accommodate everyone's preferred time, but I will do my best to pick the times and dates that work for the majority, and I will try to find a solution that will work for everyone involved.