Time Trials | Points system changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
We are going to make some changes to the points system. All points given on Race 1 and 2 are going to be resetted and redistributed according to the new system. Race time bonus points will remain unchanged for previous races but from Race 3 forward will be awarded without podium restrictions (All drivers will be elegible for winning bonus points).

New Points System:
At the end of each race the Global standings will be splitted into two different standings: PC Drivers and PS4 & Xbox Drivers. Points will be distributed separately on each standing in the following way:
Best Lap time
1st | 25 points.
2nd | 18 points.
3rd | 15 points.
4th | 12 points.
5th | 10 points.
6th | 8 points.
7th | 6 points.
8th | 4 points.
9th | 2 points.
10th | 1 point.

Bonus points: Awarded to the 3 best Race times of the Global standings.
Best Race time
1st | 3 points.
2nd | 2 points.
3rd | 1 point.

Tiebreaker criteria:
1st criteria:
Race time comparison of tied drivers on each race.
2nd criteria: Lap time comparison of tied drivers on each race.
3rd criteria: Race time position of tied drivers on global standings of each race.

Winners & prizes:
Main Prize | Time Trials champions:

The top 3 drivers with most points. (Sponsored by @vipr9 Enterprises)
  • 1st Place: $300 Vice Dollars.
  • 2nd Place: $150 Vice Dollars.
  • 3rd Place: $50 Vice Dollars.

Other Prizes
Team champions:
The top 3 drivers with most points of each of the 3 teams.
  • 1st Place: $75 Vice Dollars.
  • 2nd Place: $50 Vice Dollars.
  • 3rd Place: $25 Vice Dollars.
Most consistent driver: The driver with the most Bonus podiums and better Race times of the season
  • $50 Vice Dollars.
All these prizes are NOT mutually restrictive, meaning that you can be Time Trials champion and Champion of your team and win $375 Vice Dollars.

Every driver will receive $10 Vice dollars for participating on Time Trials, if is not awarded with any of the previous prizes.

Season 6's Points redistribution:

Race 1:

Race 2:

Season 6 current Standings:

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
At the end of each race the Global standings will be splitted into two different standings: PC Drivers and PS4 & Xbox Drivers
I guess this is because of the whole FPS Discussion, I don't like it.

I'll have no chance at the S6 Standings due to missing a race, and I won't be able to steal them points now.

Not that I had much of a chance to begin with, Kennie22 and DataB4 would never fall below 4th place. I'll still race for the fun though, shame I won't be able to win the season I had high hopes despise the challenge (the PS4 folk are really good drivers).

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
I guess this is because of the whole FPS Discussion
Kind of... i'm still not 100% sure that even with the FPS capping PC and Consoles are playing in a leveled field. Making this points distribution people on consoles have more chances on the cross-platform competition and people on PC doesn't need to keep the FPS to 30. Plus... we added Team competition and other bonus prizes.

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
Kind of... i'm still not 100% sure that even with the FPS capping PC and Consoles are playing in a leveled field. Making this points distribution people on consoles have more chances on the cross-platform competition and people on PC doesn't need to keep the FPS to 30. Plus... we added Team competition and other bonus prizes.
I don't approve of the whole FPS discussion due to multiple facts:

- You guys been hosting Cross-Platform without problems so far;
- The PS4 Team has been winning most (if not all) the seasons;
- They start being challenged and now all of the sudden everyone complains.

We all doing this for fun, and I'm not mad nor anything like that I just don't approve of the whole FPS matter and the changes that are being made because of it.

Data1B4

Playstation Family
Jul 31, 2014
image.jpg
Stellated? Hahaha

Thanks @Stellated for all the hard work and effort you do for TT. I like the F1 points system.

Also, not sure anybody was complaining about it. Cross platform used to be 360 v ps3. Maybe he saw potential problems by season end. People used to drop out if they felt it was over for them. Maybe these new categories add more chances for players to stay for the whole season.
I am ok with changes if you feel it could add more life to this competition. I still think there should be an award for most pedestrians hit, but I digress...
It is all just an experiment as we go along.
We can iron out any problems now and avoid problems for season 7.

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
Yes, you are right. BUT this is the first time we include PC on the competition. This has been a console only competition so far (due to the fact that GTA wasn't on PCs yet)

Not exactly, this is the first time we do TT on next gen. Many people are on different consoles now: For example, I was on PS3 and now i'm on PC, and Data was on Xbox and now he's on PS4. The current teams are not the same as before.

Nobody there is complaining about anything... I cannot emphasize this enough. Kennie brought up a video a week ago of the FPS in a joking way (all because i didn't believe that i won after all this time) but I took it seriously, made some tests and saw that it was true. I made the first move of asking to cap the FPS (annoying thing if you are used to the graphics of PC and the concept of playing without of shuttering), now i discarded that and made this change to ensure some fairness to the console side and we don't have to limit the graphics settings on our side.

Stellated

PC Family
Jul 25, 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
Another detail... the previous variable points system was good when we were more than 20 drivers on every race at least. Now that we are few a fixed points system makes more sense.

Jul 22, 2014
NYC
I don't approve of the whole FPS discussion due to multiple facts:

We all doing this for fun, and I'm not mad nor anything like that I just don't approve of the whole FPS matter and the changes that are being made because of it.
Guess you missed the part where he said we hadn't done this in 3 years

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
Well that explains it all, why you guys stopped this fun races! I wish there was more people in it too so we can all talk more and meet each other in the Crew.

Specially since I'm still new here! So far I only been playing GTA V so the Crew events I can go to are limited!

Kobi Blade

PC Family
May 10, 2017
Portugal
View attachment 1888
Yes. Because we ran the show. Stats and all. Then Stellated showed up to help. Duh, don't you remember. LoL
Pass the torch humans! I wanna do lots more racing seasons with the Crew, it is extremely fun and better than doing Heists all day.

I'm sure there's more people willing to help like Stellated, I would like to help but I'm afraid I'm lost regarding what I could do to help.

Data1B4

Playstation Family
Jul 31, 2014
Pass the torch humans! I wanna do lots more racing seasons with the Crew, it is extremely fun and better than doing Heists all day.

I'm sure there's more people willing to help like Stellated, I would like to help but I'm afraid I'm lost regarding what I could do to help.
No worries.
Go recrute racers.
Your new unofficial position.
Start with Broughy the you tuber. We invited him once but was a no show. Get a dev to join us. Kennie would love to beat them.
Scout the forums.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.